Monday, August 6

Latest Fire.........


Driving home from football this morning Noah was looking up at the west mountain
behind the cove subdivision and said he could imagine there being a fire there someday....
Later this afternoon I was not feeling well so I was lying down and Noah
came in to tell me there was somebody at the door.
I told him to tell the person I was not feeling well and to just take a message or something.
Later Noah came back into my room and said,
 "Well, mom, a guy was just here and said
there is another fire and we need to be prepared to leave."
Instantly. I am up out of bed to go check things out.
Sure enough there was a fire.
Interestingly it was right where Noah had said earlier he could imagine a fire.
It was on the west side, right above the cove.
The kid is starting to scare me just a little..............

 Luckily, they seemed to get on top of it quickly and had it under control in no time.
I am curious as to how it started though.......... Kind of a weird place
and there was no lightening or anything like that!
Lets hope it was not construction equipment!! :)
I was not to concerned about our home, but Noah did pack a few things in the car.
This was fun for him since he missed out on the last evacuation.


On another fire note.........It has been fun to see mother nature at work
as green is starting to appear where the last fire burnt!
OK, so they are weeds, but they are green!  And green looks soooooooo good!!

No comments: