Monday, February 8

Happy 21st Birthday Autumn!


21 Years ago today Autumn Ashley Patterson was born!
She was born at 7:28 p.m.
Weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz
and was 21 inches long
(at her 2 week check up she was only 19 1/2 inches,
they must have stretched her pretty good when they measured
her at birth!)
I remember well when Autumn was born because out of 8 pregnancies she is the only one that I actually went into labor with.
Because I wasn't sure what labor actually felt like I waited until that afternoon when I actually had a scheduled appointment, to go in.
(I was feeling weird in the morning, so I asked James to stick close by, he was planning to go to Salt Lake but said he wouldn't, even though I had two weeks left until I was due.)
By the time I got to the Dr. I could hardly walk.
I told the nurse I thought maybe I was in labor.
The Doctor checked me and I was dilated to a 6!!!!
He told me to go to the hospital immediately.
I tried to call James but he could not be found,
so instead of going to the hospital I decided to drive around
in a snow storm to find him!
(This was before cell phones were common among us normal folk!)
I finally found him, got checked into the hospital around 6:00
and she was born at 7:28!
(Fast! But I had been in labor all day!)
She was the most beautiful baby ever!
Perfect in every way!
Lots of hair on her perfect shaped head,
not a lot of pushing, she just seemed to slip out!
Summer was the excited big sister,
Bobby who was 21 months at the time, could have cared less.
It took him about 3 months to even realize there was something different in the house!

Some things about Autumn-
She started wearing glasses when she was 2 years old.
(Back then they didn't have cute glasses for little
kids, and only had a couple frames to choose from,
and they were all ugly!)
She sucked her thumb and twirled her pony tail with her other hand,
at the same time.
She called her pony tail her "telly"
and always had to have one.
She stopped sucking her thumb when she was 8 and wanted to get her ears pierced.
She was 1 of 2 girls that played on a flag football team.
She always liked James best,
to this day I think she is still his favorite!
She was a cheerleader in 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grade.
She was a good tumbler, and spent her High School years
doing Competition Cheer,
the kind you see on ESPN, and competed locally and nationally!
She always, for as long as I can remember,
wanted to do hair.
So after graduation, she went to Paul Mitchell Hair Academy
and graduated in December of 2008.
She now works at a Salon in Orem,
where she is living also!
Autumn is our most quiet and most easy to get along with child.
Nothing seems to faze her!
Her little brothers absolutely love her,
and beg her to come home and do things with them.
They always want her to spend the night.
They will call her and ask her to come home, and a lot of the time she will!
Autumn has the funniest laugh,
and in school every year would get the award for best laugh!
Autumn is also training right now to run a 1/2 marathon with James
and Summer in march!

Can't believe it has been 21 years!


This is her hospital picture!


6 weeks old!


Autumn on her first Birthday!


Autumn loved to be naked. Not just in the house,
but all over the neighborhood as well. After awhile the neighbors thought
nothing of it. Once she even got bit on the butt by a dog! Teeth marks and everything!!!



The lovely glasses!



Autumn took Karate lessons, just long enough to earn her yellow belt.
She stopped after that because yellow was her favorite color
and she didn't want any other color!


She also took several years of dance before she started doing cheer.


Here she is as a 7th grade cheerleader!



High School Graduation in 2007!


With Daniel in 2008!


Halloween with her friend Julie!
We have a closet that contains dance costumes
that everyone raids at Halloween!


Autumn and Julie at Cosmetology School Graduation Dec. 2008!



Snowboarding with her good friend Jackie Fotu
over Christmas break this year!


Making one of her funny faces!
She makes the best faces, especially when she gets with her little brothers
and a camera!


In New York this past October!


It rained nearly the whole time she was in New York!
Those are some big rain drops!


She finally found LOVE!!!!


Happy Birthday Autumn!!!!


1 comment:

julee said...

happy birthday autumn! what a fun post barbie. :)