Friday, March 5

A Day with Bridger and Dakota

Before I talk about my day with Bridger and Dakota
I have to mention something funny that Noah said this morning before he went to school.
At school today they were having a day where the dad's got to go and eat breakfast with the kids and then go back to the classrooms and read stories that the kids have been writing in class.
Noah asked me if James could just go to Hunters class and not his.
He was pretty insistent that James not go to his class.
I thought it was so weird. Finally he said,
"Mom, Dad is really old and it will be embarrassing. All my friends will laugh at me!"
I started to laugh but at the same time was horrified that he felt his dad was so old.
He isn't even the oldest dad in Noah's class.
I always teased that when Noah graduated we would be like the oldest parents there
being pushed in in our wheel chairs.
Little did I know he would be embarrassed so soon! Well, not by me... but by James!!!!
He relented and let James come to his class,
and he was happy that nobody laughed at his old dad!!
Now, on to my day with Bridger and Dakota.
Summer and Autumn decided to go snowboarding yesterday,
(according to Scott Summer really needed a break)
so I watched the boys. Dakota had a bad cough so he didn't go to school.
I decided before they came that I was not going to stress out
about the mess they make of the house.
After having already decided that, the day was a lot easier seeing how they manage to take out every toy we own and spread them from one end of the house to the other.
I just didn't worry about it, and they had a lot of fun.
Dakota and I made cookies and Bridger just walked around exploring everything!


This is when things are still pretty clean and most of the toys are still in the cupboard,
except the books that Bridger already pulled out.


Just beginning............


This is more like it...........toys everywhere,
but they are not really playing with them. They just like to pull them out!


Bridger thought he was so funny rolling down the steps!



Dakota loves making cookies. Today he made them in the shape of a moose,
fish, bear, duck, butterflies, and a tree. He loved these because he likes hunting,
and these were things that he wants to hunt.





When we built our house James got the Genius idea to put our microwave down in our island
because we have a double oven, and he didn't want to take up wall space.
I was concerned that our little kids would always play with it.
Well, none of our kids even seemed to notice it when they were younger.
So it was never a problem until now........
Bridger won't leave it alone and yesterday learned how to open the door.
It seems he can be anywhere in the house and as soon as I turn the microwave on
he is right there. I can hardly wait until he starts microwaving toys!


(don't you just love that face?)
After he got bored with the microwave he moved on to the fridge!
I seriously don't know how Summer gets anything done!
Good thing I had decided to not do anything and just have fun with them!
Hope Summer and Autumn had as much fun as
Dakota, Bridger and I did!

1 comment:

the dunns said...

what cute grandsons you have!!!! thanks for watching them, i did need a break!