Wednesday, March 3

A Fun Filled Week...

McKenzie and James at her Recital


Last week was a busy week for us. My dad and Leah came on Tuesday and it seemed we just went from one event to the other. Which was fun for me because my dad doesn't get a chance to see my kids do anything. While he was here he got to experience a big snow storm first hand.
And after walking up and down my slick driveway a few times they began to understand why I hate the snow so much. (I only want it to snow at Christmas)
He got to see McKenzie Dance in her Recital, and at two Basketball half times.
She did not disappoint! Grandpa and Leah were so impressed!
He got to see Daniel and Hunter both in Basketball games. (Daniel's team lost, Hunters Won) He was able to celebrate McKenzies Birthday with her, as well as see Hunter Perform in his school musical. He had never seen Bridger before, so he was able to play with his 2 great grandsons. While he was here he took Noah to Cabela's and bought him a Camo Coat which he only takes off when he goes to bed, but he takes it to bed and sleeps with it!
I just really enjoyed having my dad here, and watching him have so much fun with my kids.
I hope they enjoyed their trip here as much as we enjoyed having them. Especially Noah, he followed his Grandpa every where and hated it when they left on Sunday.


McKenzie talking at the recital and giving a gift to her coach.


McKenzie and Grandpa


with the boys,


and with Chase!


All of the Trophies that the Drill team won this year!

They did a great job at their Recital Dancing all 6 dances that they competed through the year!
Other than the trip to New York, drill is over.
Watching them dance their last dance brought tears to my eyes.
Especially when all the girls walked off the floor in tears and began hugging each other!
I will miss watching McKenzie Dance. Maybe even more than she will miss dancing!



Grandpa building puzzles with his great grandsons!
Dakota was so excited to have someone play with him
and help him with his new puzzles.
He was waiting on the porch as we drove up with his new Pirate puzzle
that he couldn't wait to show us, and he couldn't wait to put together!
Grandpa was happy to help him!




Hunter after his play. He played Sam Smooth Globe Trotting Reporter.
He had a speaking part and did a great job!
He performed 3 nights.
He was not crazy about having to wear the stage make up. It was pretty much a fight putting it on him, but he looked really good up on stage!
It was a really fun play. The kids all did a really good job! I will post more pictures as soon as I get the picture disk that they are giving us. They did not allow us to take pictures during the performances. Instead, they had a professional photographer taking pictures and we all will get a disk. I am sure their pictures will turn out better than any I could have taken anyway, so I am happy they did it for us!



Noah with the Flat Stanley that Grandpa made him.
Flat Stanley was a hunter,
so they took him to Cabellas to see all of the animals and hunting stuff!



In Noah's First grade class they send out two Flat Stanleys.
Noah sent 1 to Grandpa and then 1 to my Aunt Jackie in South Dakota.
Aunt Jackie sent hers back to the school so I will get some pictures of it when Noah brings it home.
She dressed hers up as an Indian and sent pictures of flat Stanley doing things there.
Noah's favorite was when they put an Apron on it and had it making Pizza's at the
Papa Murphey's that they own there.
Thanks Grandpa and Aunt Jackie for helping Noah out!

Thanks Grandpa for coming to visit! We had a really fun week with you!


No comments: