Monday, June 28

Hiking!

Last Thursday we went hiking up to the campground
in the mountains behind our home.
It is a pretty good little hike.
Once we got there we roasted Hot Dogs and Marshmellows
and the kids hunted for lizards.
It was a fun afternoon/evening...
even when Daniel and I and a friend ended up getting lost
and had to make our own way down the mountain.........
(not fun! but gave Daniel a chance to use all of those survival skills
he has been working on at scouts..)


Love the view and that you can see our house from where ever we were!



Summer and Dakota at the beginning of the hike.
Dakota packed his own back pack which ended up having some
interesting things in it.....
Shark book, pirate compass, and a lot of other things he thought
he might need on the hike.
He did a great job and never once complained.


I had to post this picture of Daniel just because his hair has gotten so long.
I usually dont let the boys do long hair but as of lately
have been a little bit relaxed and have allowed them to do what ever.
(Noah got a mohawk yesterday and I didn't even care,
what is up with that?)


Noah and James had walky talky head sets just in case someone got lost.
Well I got lost, but we didn't have anyway to communicate.
I guess I should have had Noah get lost with us!



A little friend we met along the way......


Dakota hunting for Lizards!




Roasting Hot Dogs......




Malone loved hiking with us.




Everything is so green and beautiful.
You gotta love the view, I know I love it and I love where we live!
Alpine is so beautiful this time of year.



No comments: