Wednesday, May 30

Memorial Day........


 This past week was Memorial Day
We visited the cemetery on Sunday.  Just Hunter and Noah
and Bobby and Rachel.  Everyone else was in St George.

During the week Noah's class went on a walking field trip to the cemetery.
He told me how he had showed Aspens grave to his class and told them she was his big sister.
I had to really think about that for a moment, because I never think of her that way.
We always refer to her as "Baby Aspen"
It was really odd to think of her as being his big sister.  But she is.
That is just really a strange way for me to think of her.
But funny that he thinks of her as his big sister!
He never knew her and yet he loves going to the cemetery to visit her.


 On Monday morning I drove Hunter around to put up flags in the neighborhood
as part of his scout troop.
Noah of course got recruited to help, but he liked helping.



 Later in the day
Hunter spray painted the Tables and Chairs that were starting to show rust.
He hates when I take pictures of every thing!



Noah and his friend Jaxon swam in the pool for the first time this year.
It is finally warm enough and the pool is nice and clean!



 I tried planting the rest of my flowers.
With little help from the dog!  He lays right where I am trying to work.
Usually on top of the flowers I just planted!
I really am starting not to like this dog very much..........
But Noah keeps reminding him that he is our dog and we need to be nice to him!
I did get all of my flowers planted and think I am finally done for the year!  YAY!


 In honor of memorial day Noah and Jaxon made this grave out under the swings!
So funny and so cute that this is what they associate with Memorial Day!
Noah said it would be the perfect grave for Malone
because he loves Frisbees!
It would also seem they picked a lot of my flowers..........:(

  We recently bought an ice cream maker.......
and finally after several tries, Noah and I were able to make the "Perfect" ice cream!
So, so YUMMY!

Noah also managed to get his first major sun burn of the year,
and the first Bee sting of the season!

We are nearly done with the last week of school
and then summer begins.........

1 comment:

McKenzie Schellenberg said...

O my gosh I'm so excited to come home I cant even handle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAY!