Saturday, January 30

3rd in STATE!!!!


Yesterday the drill team competed at the State Drill Competition held at UVU against the top 16 Drill teams in the State of Utah. I sat through all 7 hours of the competition and I can tell you that every team and dance was great. There were not many mistakes made by any one. I would have hated to be a judge at this competition!
The girls did such a great job and danced better than I have ever seen them dance!
McKenzie did a great job and was perfect in every dance.
I watch her so closely, and I am her worst critic, so I am not being bias when I say she was perfect. (She knows I would be the first to say that she wasn't!)
Heres how they did......
3rd in Military
1st in their Dance Routine
( Which was absolutely amazing. I love this dance. It is so energizing and fun to watch)
3rd in their Kick Routine.
They tied for 2nd place overall.
It went to a tie breaker using judges rankings and they lost that 8 to 7.
So they lost second place by 1 judges stinken ranking.
So they received 3rd place overall,
which is better than last year which was their goal,
but it was a little disappointing because it was so close.
I felt a little teary towards the end of the competition
knowing that it was the last time I will see McKenzie compete! :(
She will still do some half times.
And her Recital will be February 26th.
Then she will be Dancing in New York in March,
but it wont be the same as the competitions, which are so competitive and intense,
they are so fun to watch.
It will just be hard as this part of our lives with her winds down!!
I will miss it!
I know she is pretty exhausted now, but I am sure she will miss it too!


The not so serious side of the girls! I think there is a bit of relief that State is over!


McKenzie and Abbey!


McKenzie with Megan Hansen her coach.
Megan has been the Coach since McKenzies first year.
She has done a great job with these girls, especially since she is so young.
She went to school with Bobby and is just 22!

Congratulations McKenzie and the Lone Peak Chevaliers!
2010 Region Champions and 3rd in the State!



No comments: