Thursday, January 28

Puzzle Obcession

NEW YORK CITY

Lately, I have had this thing about doing puzzles. For some reason it relaxes me. I set them up in the dining room and when ever anyone feels like it they can go in and work on them. Usually it is just Noah and I. Last night I finally finished a puzzle of New York. It was so hard. I have been working on it for nearly 2 weeks. James was convinced it would never get finished because it has so many buildings and things that all look the same. But I finished!!!!!! I try to find puzzles of places we have been, or that mean something to us. I am going to figure out away to mount them so I don't have to take them apart. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know.
I got into puzzles right after Christmas.
At a family party we had gotten a puzzle called, "Alpine Christmas". I was bored one Sunday and so I started putting it together. 8 hours later, at 1:00 in the morning I finished, all accept 1 piece that I could not find. I was so frustrated. I thought James had taken it to be funny. I found it the next morning on the puzzle, it had blended in and I couldn't see it. I was so thrilled with the puzzle and it was really beautiful! On New Years day, Summer and Scott came over. They were not here more than 2 minutes when one of the kids came in and said, "uh, mom, your puzzle got broken." We all thought it was Bridger, and I walked into the room thinking it would be just a few pieces taken off. Oh No! It was everywhere! Hard to get mad at a baby. Then Dakota proudly announced that it wasn't Bridger who broke the puzzle. It was him!!! He was so proud of himself too! I tried not to cry as I put all of the pieces back in the box and thought about my 8 hours of work! I haven't even tried to put that puzzle back together. It just isn't as thrilling the 2nd time! Any way, Noah and I and occasionally the other kids have had fun doing puzzles when ever we have a spare moment or need to relax a little.


Yellow Stone
(this one was a little hard too!)


LAKE POWELL


NOAH'S ARK

We had to do this one of course in honor of Noah. We had to laugh though because there are dinosaurs on it and a polar bear drinking a coke!

It is hard to tell in the pictures but the pieces are small and each has 500 pieces!
We are now getting ready to do a puzzle of Salt Lake City!!!!


1 comment:

The Morales Family said...

I LOVE PUZZLES TOO. ANY LONG FAMILY TRIP WE BRING ONE. THEY ARE SO ADDICTING. AT TARGET THEY SALE THIS PUZZLE PAD THING AND YOU PUT YOUR PUZZLE ON IT AND IT DOESNT BREAK TO ROLL IT UP WILL U ARE WORKING ON THEM. SO YOU DONT ALWAYS HAVE TO KEEP THE PUZZLE AWAY.