Tuesday, August 10

Oregon Coast


We were able to spend two days over on the coast while we were in Oregon!
I really miss being able to go to the coast.
It is so different than any other coastline.
It never seems to get hot! I can never remember going
that I did not have to wear at least a sweatshirt.
To my boys, an ocean is an ocean
and you have to take your shirt off an jump in!






We bought a couple of kites to fly.
It was so windy. So, so windy!
My niece Karly is flying the kite above.
I had a cool pirate kite that flew really well.
I* could not take a picture of it because the wind was blowing so hard
you had to hold on to your string with both hands!
I actually had rope burns on my fingers!


McKenzie chose to spend the entire time lying on the sand.
She thought it was warmer there.
This is what sunbathing on the beach looks like in Oregon!



I love Daniels wind blown hair.
He seriously has great hair! I love it!





McKenzie and Daniel crashed on the sand for awhile!
When they woke up they discovered the wind had blown sand all over them.




After our windy beach experience we found a little picnic site
and my dad made hamburgers.
I was starving and love hamburgers so I was so excited to eat.
As I was eating mine, I kept looking at it because it tasted like the meat was bad.
McKenzie noticed the look on my face and leaned over and whispered
"Mom, it's deer meat!"
EWWWWW!
Not a fan of deer. Never have been!
My dad was trying to trick me just like he did when I was a girl.
Never worked then, didn't work now!
The kids all liked it. I just ate potato salad and cookies!


My sister Tammy and her two girls Kelsey and Karly.
They spent the first day with us but had to go back that night.


Noah and Hunter got these little robotic bugs from the kite shop....


and had them battle it out on the ice chest during lunch!



We stayed in a really nice family suite at Drift Wood Shores.
They had a really fun pool area for the kids!
They were able to warm up from the very windy and cold day on the beach!






We were told the mornings never had wind...
so Noah, Mckenzie, my dad and I
got up early and went out walking on the beach!
It was nice out there. No wind at all!


The back side of Drift Wood Shores where we stayed.
We were on the 2nd floor.



Noah collected so many shells.
We had our pockets and shoes full of them.
Of course when the shells were in the shoes
we were carrying them not wearing them!



Mt dad and I walking on the beach!
I love the footprints in the sand!
There is nothing like taking off your shoes
and feeling the sand squishing between your toes!


We spent the day in Newport and went to the Ocean Aquarium.


The kids inside of a fish tank!
(I could not figure out how to turn off my flash)




A friend once showed me how to touch a Sea Anemone
so that they would stick to and then close on your finger.
I was trying to show Noah how to do this
but he didn't dare to touch them!




The family posing for yet another picture!
The boys are not thrilled!



We did have a fun day at the aquarium!


Back at Grandpas house, Noah shows off his shell collection!
He got some good ones.
I managed to pack them in my suit case and bring them
all back to Utah without breaking a single one!





On Sunday of our trip,
we went to a family reunion and were able to spend some
time at the McKenzie River.
McKenzie was actually named after this river!








My cousin Jim Longworth was at the reunion and the pictures below
are of his granddaughter Josie!
She was so cute and wanted to play football with the boys so bad!
She played until she discovered flowers in the grass
and then became all girly!
She was so funny and so dang cute!






We need a little girl! At least I do!


Noah found a cool tree to climb!



My mom and James.
James flew in on Saturday night and spent the last 4 days of our trip with us.





One night at my moms I enjoyed watching the full moon come up over
the top of the trees!

We had such a great time in Oregon!


1 comment:

Ann Mitchell said...

GORGEOUS PICTURES! Looks fun!