Sunday, August 1

Roseburg, Oregon

We spent Monday, July 26th
in Roseburg at my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Davids Cabin
Which is located on the Umpqua River.
I spent several summers here when I was young.
I loved it here and had talked about it often
so I was excited to take the family here.
They loved it and we had so much fun visiting with family
and then spending time on the river.
The kids and James had fun drifting the river in tubes.
I was in a boat so that I could take all of the fun pictures!
Daniel, Hunter and McKenzie decided to swim out to an island.
They learned that swimming in a river is a little harder than swimming in a lake.
You have to start up stream a bit because the current is going to push you past
your destination if you don't.
McKenzie did not bring a swimsuit, but that did not stop her.
She just jumped in clothes and all. She did trade her shirt for Daniels though!



They all made it!






Noah and Hunter liked looking for crawdads
like the one below. It made me not want to step in the water!
We saw some big ones!


Everyone had so much fun on the river!
It was one of my favorite days that we had.
I have so many memories here in Roseberg.
I drifted the river almost everyday during the summer months
that I spent here, between 5th and 9th grades.
I loved sharing this with the family.
I also enjoyed the time spent with my aunts and uncles.
It was just a really good day!













The dam at the river!
We went to the fish ladder to see the fish,
but did not see too many.
Actually, I did not see any but everyone else saw a few.
The family after a long day on the river!


On Tuesday the boys and James helped my dad hall all of his
wood that he uses for the winter down the mountain and then
helped him stack it.
They were not thrilled to be working,
after all they were on vacation.
It was good for them to serve their Grandpa though
and I think at the end of the day they felt good about it!
I hope so anyway!

Right outside of Monroe is a ittle town called Alpine!
It is a lot smaller than our Alpine.
Alpine had one thing that we dont have though,

A Tavern! I loved it!
In the picture above Noah seems to be saying,
"Not another picture mom!"

Below is the Alpine Market!
Didn't look like it was open for business anymore.


Eugene 4th Ward building where I went to church in my youth.
I love this chapel and have so many memories here
especially of the Stake Dances that were held here
and of all my friends that I went to church with here!
The house that I grew up in on Taney St.
It doesn't really look the same,
but it has been nearly 30 years since I left home.
My bedroom was the far window on the left!
Malabon Elementary where I went to grade school.
It was right next to my house!
Cascade Jr. High

And Willamette High School!
Great memories in all of these places!
So fun to go back and see them. Some things changed so much
and some after 30 years were still so much the same!
James and McKenzie flew out the morning of the 28th
and the boys and I flew out that afternoon.
Our flight was delayed by 1 and 1/2 hours.
So we spent the time eating at the Panda Express
and trying to waist time!


Noah is so cute in this picture! I love it!

Waiting to be picked up at the Salt Lake Airport!
We were so excited to be home!
Hunter and Noah just could not get along at this point
so I handed the camera over to Hunter to take pictures!

So here is one of the few pictures of me!
I would much rather be behind the camera!

We had such a great trip!
Already planning our trip for next summer!

No comments: