Tuesday, November 16

Falling Short


Does this look like a team that just the night before
lost the Championship Game by "1" lousy point?
Well, it is....so sad..... but they seem to be doing ok!


Thursday Nov. 11, was not a good day for Lone Peak Football.
We started the day by attending the Lone Peak High School semi final game
against Fremont up at the University of Utah.
It was a whopping 38 degrees. It was so cold.
Noah opted for Dippen Dots over Hot Chocolate.
My kids have never been ones to pass up Dippen Dots!



Michael Welch above....
It was not a good game.
I think they had like 9 turnovers in this game.
Just when I thought they were going to score and pull ahead...
another turnover.
It is shocking they were able to stay as close as they did in score.
In the end they ended up losing their chance to go to the State Championship!

I was so hoping it was not a sign for what was to come later in the day
when Daniels team would play PG for the 9th grade Championship.
For some reason I was not having a good feeling about his game!



From the very beginning it started bad with PG and the Ref's
trying to start the game a 1/2 hour before the scheduled time.
Before our boys had a chance to warm up
and before most of the parents and fans even had a chance to arrive.
It got ugly with one of our coaches almost being thrown out
before the game even started,
and PG fans and parents yelling at our boys to get off the field and start the game.
I just sat there in the stands thinking to myself, "Oh this is not good."
I showed a dad with an I phone
how to get to the official website so that we could show the refs
the correct starting time which was 6:00.
That helped with the refs but did not calm the ugliness that was coming from their fans!


I think the boys tried to ignore it, but you had to wonder if it was getting in their heads!


Above is the funniest warm up I have ever seen,
but apparently they are stretching their necks! O.K.!


Team Cheer before the start of the game......


Daniel played quarterback as well as corner on deffense.
It seemed to be a repeat of the high school game.
Turnover after turnover.
Not a pretty game to watch, although Daniel did have some great passes
as well as some good runs,
but just could not make up for a lot of other mistakes by the team.
At 1/2 time the score was Lone Peak 6 and PG 7.




Unfortunately things did not go better in the 2nd 1/2.
They were able to hold PG but were not able to score on offense.
Early in the 4th quarter a fight broke out,
that resulted in one of our coaches being thrown out,
police being called, etc.....
All of this was the fault of PG.
They just play dirty. Their coaches are mean and rude
as well as their fans.
Final score at the end of the game 6-7 PG!
I felt bad for the boys, but they had a great season.
Just too bad that their only loss in league play was in the Championship game!


The picture above is kind of a find waldo picture
except it is a find Daniel. I can see him, can you?
He is not where you think he is.......
Also Bobby is in this picture too! Can you find him?


Friday Night they had their team party at The Pizza Pie Cafe!
Surprisingly they had all moved on and seemed to be in good spirits!


It was a fun year for Daniel! His first year on a winning team!
He had good teammates and great coaches,
and I think he really improved on all levels.
Really can't complain about anything this season...
I think he always played his very best,
and he has to feel good about that!


As for me, as much as I love football
I have to say I am ready for it to be over.
I know come Saturday I may be wishing for a game to go to though!
I have really, really enjoyed watching Daniel play this year.
It has been so much fun!


Daniel and Coach Tellaroli
This coach always yelled at Daniel. No matter what he did!
He told me that he yelled at Daniel because he liked him!
Well, I would say as much as he yelled,
he actually LOVED Daniel, A LOT!!!!!!

Congratulations on a Great Football Season Daniel!!!

2 comments:

the dunns said...

I can find Bobby in that picture because he is throwing the football in the back being "super cool"!!!!

Barbie said...

He is out playing on the football field like the little kids! So funny! Did you find Daniel?