Tuesday, November 23

Happy Birthday Dakota!!


Today is Dakota's 5th Birthday!
I can not believe that we have a Grandson that is 5!
I remember being at the Hospital when he was born.
Summer wanted the girls and I there,
but not actually in the room with her,
so McKenzie, Autumn and I stood out in the hall.
I remember we were out there talking and all of a sudden we all got
quiet as we heard his first cry.
I got the biggest lump in my throat as the tears filled my eyes....
it was the sweetest sound!
After we went into the room Summer wasn't feeling well and
she asked me to take him!
I was the first person other than Summer and Scott to hold him!
In my mind I just assumed that he would look like one of our babies,
not really sure why I thought that...
but I remember looking at him and thinking that he didn't have our nose..
he looked so much like Scott!
Imagine that! He looked like his dad!


Me holding a brand new Dakota!

As I was looking for pictures of Dakota today,
I found all of these pictures of all of the kids with him.
I thought it was so fun to see how everyone, including Dakota had changed in 5 years.


The proud parents!


Uncle Noah and Aunt Autumn!
Noah was 3 years old and Autumn was 16!


Uncle Hunter was 7 years old.
It doesn't matter how old Hunter is, he has always looked the same.


Uncle Daniel was 9.
He is the one who looks so young to me.


Aunt McKenzie is 13 and blond.........
Hard to remember her being blond.


Uncle Bobby was 18!
All of the kids were so excited to have a new baby in the family!


That cute little baby has grown into such a handsome and fun little boy!
For his Birthday Party he had a cake shaped like a Lego!
He wanted a Lego/Army Birthday...


He really liked the Army Helicopter we gave him.
Not really sure what is going on with his eyes below......
Funny, funny picture!
He had a fun Birthday and was so cute!
He was always quick to say thank you for his presents.
Summer and Scott have done a great job teaching him how to be polite!
He is just a sweet boy! Most of the time anyways!
Noah somehow manages to bring out the worst in him..
they always want to play together until they actually play together..
then they fight like brothers.............


We Love You Dakota!
Hope you had a great 5th Birthday!

1 comment:

the dunns said...

Dakota didn't even recognize Daniel and thought that his hair was funny!!!