Wednesday, April 18

A Familiar Sight.............


For two months I have been secretly planning to fly McKenzie home for her Spring Break.
Did not tell anyone in the family.........
So, last week I told the boys I had a surprise for them on Saturday
and I wanted them to come with me to pick it up.
The questions began to fly, but I would not give it away.
It became quite humerous as they tried to figure out what it might be.
Was I getting a new car? Could it be a puppy?
Was it something that was electrical? Do you plug it in?
Did it weigh more than a 100 lbs?
Half way to the airport, which they did not know we were headed to yet,
it was decided that I was either going to pick up a baby that I was adopting
or I was getting them a pet monkey.......
Really?? Where do they come up with this stuff at???
I was laughing so hard!
Finally Hunter said, "Is it McKenzie? Is McKenzie coming home?"
To which I said, "Would you be disappointed?"
Hunter, "No, but I really wanted a Monkey!"
When we got to the airport, McKenzie did not know they were coming
and thought it was only me, so the boys hid and when she was picking up her luggage
they ran up behind her and hugged her! It was so fun!
It has been a fun surprise for everyone.
can not believe I was able to keep it quiet for so long.


We were home from the airport maybe 20 minutes
when I walked into the family room
and found McKenzie stretched out on the love seat sleeping.
A sight I have seen hundreds of times over the years
and one that I cherish.
We have missed her and love having her home.
It is just for a week, and a week that is going much too fast.....
but we are loving every minute!

Welcome Home McKenzie!

No comments: