Tuesday, April 24

Our Clearance Puppy


It has been just a little over a year that we got Stockton!
He was the cutest little puppy.  So cute. So cuddly.
You could hold him in your hands........
Everybody loved him...........
Too bad things change!
Ever see the movie "Marley and Me"?
That is what we got. A clearance puppy!
The Master of destruction...
A royal pain in my____!
When I was shopping for a puppy they were all $250 to $300.
I got him for $100
That should have been my first clue.  The first sign of what was to come.
Believe me he has cost me a lot more than that
having to replace all that he destroys!


 He looks so sweet when he looks at you with those big brown eyes!
But in reality I spend more time cleaning up after him than I do my kids!
Everyday is a new mess.  Everyday it is something new destroyed.
Not to mention he is a Giant dog! And he jumps on everyone.
And when he isn't jumping on me I am tripping over him.....

  
Here he has just taken over a box that had some shelves I was building in it.
He barely let me get the pieces taken out before he climbed in.
Once he plants his body somewhere he can not be moved.
The box is now his home.  Has been for 3 days now.

Sunday morning I got up to find that the boys had not finished bringing in all
the groceries the night before and had left the back of my car open.
What a surprise to find shredded boxes of cereal all over the yard,
as well as my umbrella shredded.  A blanket in pieces, and a first aid kit
dismembered all over the driveway!
I understand it is not the dogs fault that he is a dog.....I get that!
But I am starting to have a love hate relationship with him.
Especially after today, trying to plant flowers and if he was not running off
with the flowers, he was running off with my shovel!!

Also, he is pretty spoiled.  He will only eat his food if his bowl is sitting next to the back door.
If it is anywhere else he just stares at it and me like "What are you thinking?"
He really will not eat it.  So after awhile of being stared down by his big brown eyes I move it!
Can you say spoiled?

I think he is lonely.  With Malone gone now he just gets bored.
I have considered getting another puppy so he wont be alone.....
and then I think,
"What are you thinking?"
Double the trouble.  I think not!!

  
Don't let him fool you.
He is not as innocent as he looks!!
I have holes in the sheetrock in the garage to prove it!

2 comments:

McKenzie Schellenberg said...

Ha ha gosh i miss being home already!! where were you building shelves for? Tell the boys i miss them! :) and i miss you too!

Barbie said...

It was for the laundry room. It turned out so great. Has baskets for socks and stuff like that so there is not the mess of the boys socks everywhere. I love it. Took me awhile to get it built though.