Sunday, April 1

Na Pali Coast, Kauai


More, pictures from my trip........
One morning we got up early
(that is why we look so bad in the above picture. It was early.)
and went on a Catamaran ride
up the Na Pali Coast line,
in the hopes of seeing whales!


We took one of Captain Andy's sailing adventures.


We were in a Catamaran like the one in the above picture.



So, because I get bored sometimes
I took a picture of our feet.
Can you tell whose are whose. Noah knew exactly which were mine!
Staring at this picture I realize that feet are incredibly ugly!


Just so happens that we did see whales.
And we saw them very close up.
We saw several Hump Back whales. Very, very cool.
I was surprised that as they surface the water they actually make a noise
kind of like a loud cow or something. Scared me nearly to death.


The above picture is of the whale swimming away.
It was actually at one point right next to us.
The captain turned off the boat and the crew actually
looked a little nervous. Especially when we could not see the whale.
I think there may have been the fear it was under us!


At one time there was another whale that kept slapping it's tail on the water.
We were told they communicate this way.


Gotta love Arden and her hair.
Honestly, nobody makes me laugh like Arden does.
Love being around her.
Nobody can pull off this kind of outfit except Arden......



This was Jared, one of our guides.
Arden was completely smitten with him and flirted shamelessly with him.
2 months later, she still talks about Jared!!

(Love that I caught Kelly and Arden in this picture)

We also got to see Spinner Dolphins.
These Dolphins don't do well in captivity so you only see them in the ocean.
They actually do jump out of the water and spin in the air.
My camera though, just couldn't seem to catch it when it happened.

There were so many Dolphins.
At one time I would say we were surrounded by 20 to 30.



The beautiful Na Pali Coast line.
It was a fun day. I think only Kelly got a little Sea Sick.
It was pretty rough water and the only way I managed not to get sick
was to completely block the thought out of my mind.

One of our favorite places to eat was Kauai Pasta.
We ate there twice.
Both times we had a waiter named Adam.
Of course Arden loved this and tried to convince him that she was Eve!



I hate getting my picture taken,
so of course I had to take a minute to prepare myself, but not Arden.
She was posed and ready to go! Love her in the above picture.


Once I was ready, it didn't matter how much preparation I took
I still do not photograph well!! Oh well, I tried!
I think it is that my hair is so out of control in the Hawaii Humidity!
It is the worst................


Adam was nice and took a picture of all of us!
I love these girls and had such a fun time with them!

No comments: