Tuesday, March 15

Cruise


On February 20th we boarded the "Freedom of The Seas"
to go on a 7 night Cruise to the Western Carribean!
We have been on a lot of Cruise Ships
but nothing like this ship!
It was amazing. Over 4,000 passengers!
Beautiful, beautiful ship!!



We took this trip with Bryan and Arden Hofheins and Suzi and Terrance DeHaan.
Terrance looked like your typical tourist 99% of the time!


OUR ROOM


We had a really nice room with a balcony and all!
One thing that I loved about our room was the location.
We were on the 7th floor right by the stairs.
The 7th floor was the perfect location
because you either had to go up a couple flights of stairs,
or down a couple flights of stairs to get to where ever we needed to go.
Also being right by the stairs was great. I have no patience to wait for elevators.
Plus that is how I got my exercise everyday,
by always taking the stairs!!


I thought these pictures were funny
because Terrance and I were both taking a picture of our room from opposite ends.
It was a great room and a lot roomier than most!


THE SHIP


In the evenings we liked to go to the piano bar and listen to the Piano Man!
He was so good.
I was so amazed that he could just play anything that anyone asked him.
That is talent!!


Above is the Promanade that runs through the center of the ship.
It was breathtaking!
Reminded me of being in the malls in Vegas!
Lots of shops and restaurants.


Hard to tell what the picture above is but it is the elevator.
It is all glass.
I never actually rode in it, but it looked amazing!
Below is a staircase off of the promanade.
Now, I did use this quite often.
It seemed I was always lost until I found the staircase,
and then from there I could usually find my way around.




Terrance and James with one of their diving buddies
from one of their scuba adventures.



Just a bunch of shops in the Promanade.
We frequented Ben and Jerry's quite often.




Loved the nightly shows.
They had a comedian who was hysterically funny,
and a man who did voices who was really, really good!
Loved the night they did songs from Broadway!
Every show was pure entertainment and I enjoyed them so much!


Arden, Suzi and I had so much fun going into all of the jewelery stores on the ship.
A favorite was the perfume store,
where I am sure we tried on every kind of perfume they had
and came out smelling like we had also!
I also tried on the men's colognes because I think they smell so good!!
So, half my body was woman's perfume,
and the other half was men's cologne!
I was smelling good!
I did end up buying two new bottles of perfume on this trip!
New smells that I like very much!


DINNERS ON SHIP



James and Bryan both had February Birthdays
that were celebrated on this trip.


Every night you sit at the same table and have the same waiters.
The food was really good!
James, Bryan and Terrance ordered several of everything....
it was almost embarrassing!
Not quite, but almost!








You gotta love these two!!!!!!


Towel Creations


Every night when we would get back to our room the room Steward
had a little Towel animal made to greet us!
My favorite was the bat above!
And I loved how he would always use our glasses to give them eyes!


An Elephant!


And a Crab!!

LIFE ON DECK


The first day on ship I was amazed to see that Daniel
had somehow stowed away and was on the ship!
This boy is Daniels twin!!
I could not believe how much he looked like him.
I am sure he was thinking, who is this strange lady taking pictures of me!!
It was fun to see him the whole trip!


There were several pools,
and one especially for kids! The H2O Zone!
Our kids would have loved it.



The picture above is kind of a where is Waldo picture,
only we call it "Where is Barbie, Arden and Suzi"?


Between Arden and Bryan we were laughing all of the time!


And then there is Terrance!
Gotta love this guy!
This is one of the few times he was actually sitting down.
Nobody is on the go as much as he is!



Loved the days at sea.
Laying in the sun plugged into my music!


This was a fun trip on an amazing ship with really fun friends!
I have written a blog with pictures for every place we stopped so you will want to read all of those!
And probably have to keep clicking to older blogs to get them all!

No comments: