Monday, March 14

Grand Cayman

Welcome to Grand Cayman!!!!
Grand Cayman is a British Island and is best known
for it's Turtles and Sting Rays,
which you can actually snorkel with.
We did that a few years ago,
so decided to do something different this time.


Sunrise in Grand Cayman
I love Grand Cayman and was very excited to spend
the day there.


The ship does not dock in Grand Cayman
so we had to ride these tenders to and from the ship.
It was the only Island that we had to do this on.


Very Cool looking Pirate Ship!
I kept thinking how much Noah and Dakota would love to see it!
Sure enough when I showed Noah the picture
he was all excited and wished he could go there.


Suzi, Arden, Bryan and I all decided to go Helmet Diving
while James and Terrance went Scuba Diving!
The water was such a beautiful blue.....


Helmet Diving was really fun!
We went down 30 feet to the bottom,
wearing these weird space like looking Helmets that have Oxygen
pumping into them.
Anybody can do it. You don't need training like Scuba Diving.
You can actually reach your hand up inside of the Helmet.
It just sits on your head. Actually pretty heavy.
It weighs 75 lbs. so they slip it on right before you go under the water.
Think of sticking a glass upside down into water
and the air stays in it.
That is what the Helmet is like.
You don't get your hair wet. Doesn't mess up your make up.
I could have worn my sunglasses if I wanted to!


The 3 Amigos!


Pretty much these were the only kind of fish that we saw,
but it was still fun!
And I got to try out my new under water camera!
It worked good!



After the dive and ready to hit the town!
Grand Cayman had a Dairy Queen! My favorite place to get Ice Cream!
I actually went there twice!!


Loved this car!



Fun Day in Grand Cayman!
Fun Shopping! Got two new pair of shoes!
Just what I needed!
The guys had a great time Scuba Diving too!

No comments: