Monday, March 14

Jamaica


Jamaica is a very interesting place.
Very poor. The people are very pushy.
And at times it can be very uncomfortable.
But for the most part I like Jamaica. I love the children,
and love to listen to the people talk......
YA MAN!



Terrance and Bryan could not resist dancing with the local woman!
It was very, very funny!



The Port was a brand new port and was the first time
our ship had ever docked there.
It is actually still under construction and will be very nice when it is finished.
The local people seemed so excited to have the ship come in.
I am sure it means a lot of money for them.
I could not resist buying some Jewelery from a local woman
who kept going down on the price without me saying a word.
I was just trying to decide what I wanted and I think she thought
I was trying to decide whether I wanted to get any at all
so by the end I got a really good deal without even trying!
I do love to shop and get all of the little trinket things!



Love, love the little children!
The were so entranced by the ship coming in.
They were fun to watch.
All of the older school age children had their cameras out taking
pictures of the ship.
I am really happy for these people.
I am sure having the new port will mean so much to them.


Found it interesting that the Police drove dirt bikes!


We went zip lining.
It was fun but nothing like when we were in Hawaii!
I am sure everyone accept Suzi and I thought it was great though!


Terrance is the funniest guy ever........


All ready to go...................


First time ever seeing an Orange tree.
Our guide actually picked some for us and we were able to eat them fresh off of the tree.
At the time, in the heat, and I was starving,
they seemed like the best oranges I had ever eaten!!


After zip lining we tubed down a river.
I really wanted to Kayak and was not thrilled about the tubing.
But it was alright. Kind of boring.......


Above is a picture of a termite nest.
They actually make it out of their poo!
They were every where hanging in the trees over the river.



Because of my hatred for getting my picture taken,
I kept thinking if I laid back far enough I could take myself completely
out of the picture! Not quite!


The ship at the not quite finished port!
We had fun in Jamaica!

No comments: