Monday, September 20

The end of the world????


Last night while McKenzie was driving back to Logan
she called and said there was the most amazing fire by the Point of the Mountain.
She said we should go look at it and take pictures.
Well we could not see it from our house because another mountain was in the way.
Hunter said that he wanted to go see it because all of his friends were texting
him and telling him that it looked like "The end of the World"!
So Noah, Hunter and I got in the car and drove nearly to Herriman,
where the whole town was being evacuated because of the fire.
It was amazing to watch.......Not quite the end of the world,
but devastating for some people that lost their homes in the fire.
I read this morning that 4 homes had burned and they were still trying
to save others. Sad!
Makes me nervous about where we live.
I know that the same thing could happen to us if we were ever to have a fire on our mountain.
Has me really thinking about what to grab if we had to get out real fast.
I am thinking I need to be a little more organized with pictures
and documents that are important and stuff like that.......
What would you take with you if you only had a few minutes to decide??????
It has given me a lot to think about!


2 comments:

Arden said...

I would take pictures, documents, kids and leave Bryan here! jk or am I? It was sad and will be for a while.See you later as we drive by eachother in the car!

Unknown said...

That is sad that it took some homes, but it is very awesome to look at. I would take the pictures for sure, everything else is replaceable...